The BMS Blivet is the world’s most compact ‘all in one’ sewage treatment system (plant) designed for populations from 20 - 2000 PE. It is delivered ‘ready to go’, offers a superior whole life cost, can be installed easily & quickly and can obtain multiple effluent parameters including disinfected effluent suitable for irrigation. It is fully containerized for export as the largest unit fits in a standard 40 foot container.
Since its inception, BMS has been a Research & Development led organisation. In 1986 it launched the BMS Aerotor as a unique, patented, combined active aeration & fixed film bio-reactor i.e. a new generation rotating biological contactor (RBC). From this successful product, the need to eliminate in-situ tank construction was identified. Further R & D led to the first BMS Blivet in 1989 - The first 'all in one' package sewage treatment concept.
By the end of 2015 over 500 Blivet wastewater treatment plants have been manufactured in the BMS facility in Longford, Ireland with exports making up the majority of sales. The Blivet operates in over 38+ different countries worldwide and on all 5 continents. It is ideally suited for populations from 20 - 2000 Population Equivalents (PE) and can treat multiple different effluent parameters to the highest required levels, including Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Suspended Solids (SS), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Ammonia (NH4), Nitrogen (N) & Phosphorus (P). Disinfected effluent for reuse can also be produced. Please go to our Case Study Section to read about the Blivet in practice.
The BMS Blivet incorporates many innovative technological elements:
- Aerobic Treatment - BMS Aerotor
- Primary & Final Settlement - Lamellae Plate Settlement Technology
- Plug flow
- Adjustable internal recirculation by gravity
- Sludge Storage - Minimum 3 months
- Above or below ground with no concrete surround - All purpose GRP Steel Reinforced Tank
- Net Hydraulic Lift - Outlet is 150mm higher than inlet (allows at least 100 m gravity flow)
- Delivered 'ready to go' - Plug & Play Technology
- Modularity - Units can be expanded in parallel
- Security - Lock down covers provide protection & safety
- Flexibility - Units can be operated in parallel/series to achieve multiple effluent parameters
- Portable; can easily moved from site to site
- Containerized; all Blivets fit in a standard container for shipping
Why choose the Blivet?
- excellent whole life cost (lifetime value)
- minimal civil work’s (potentially large cost saving)
- small footprint (most compact all in one sewage treatment system available)
- lowest maintenance (1 unskilled man hour/week)
- lowest power consumption
- ISO 9001:2008 World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Quality
- modular design (can be moved/expanded easily)
- proven the world over
- full technical back up
- Integral 3 months + sludge storage
The Blivet is delivered ‘ready to go’ all that is required is that it is placed on a 20N concrete slab and that inlet/outlet pipes and electricity are connected. It is in essence ‘plug and play’ The Blivet incorporates primary/final settlement and sewage treatment, therefore there is no need for expensive and time consuming civil works such as separate settlement, screens or septic tanks. For ease of shipping the largest unit (BL4000) fits in standard 40 foot container.
*Quick & Easy Lid assembly is required for plants shipped in containers.
Case studies on previous Blivet installations can be found in our Sewage Treatment Plant Case Studies Section.
Temporary/Emergency Sewage Treatment
The Blivet is also ideal for temporary or emergency use, due to all the factors already mentioned. Furthermore, it can be sited above or below ground without a concrete surround, can be commissioned in a few hours, only requires a 20N concrete slab by the plan area of the unit in term of civils, is easily portable on a 40 foot truck and requires minimal operator input; making it ideal for temporary use, before being moved to another site or where an existing sewage treatment plant is over capacity of or is not functioning correctly.
Disinfected Effluent; The Blivet UV
The Blivet UV is an innovative solution that produces fully disinfected effluent suitable for irrigation or for non-potable purposes such as toilet flushing in one 'all in one' plug and play unit. The Blivet UV includes a Saran Filter to produce BOD 10 mg/l and Suspended Solids (SS) 10 mg/l effluent and a high quality UV disinfection lamp in a discrete compartment at the end of the unit specifically designed to disinfect waste water. The Blivet UV is an ideal solution especially in warmer countries where there is an increasing emphasis on water security and reuse. The Blivet UV can produce effluent to both Oman and Dubai standards, while at the same still retaining the Blivets advantages of compactness, high quality, low lifetime costs along with low operator and power costs. The largest Blivet UV units fits in a standard 40 foot container for ease of shipping.
(Without Operating Load)
(Based on '25/35' Effluent)
|BL 300||Ø2.030 m||2 t||25|
|BL 500||4.9 m||3 t||62|
|BL 1000||5.37 m||3.35 t||125|
|BL 1500||6.4 m||4.0 t||188|
|BL 2000||7.5 m||4.7 t||250|
|BL 3000||9.275 m||5.8 t||312|
|BL 3500||10.075 m||7 t||460|
|BL 4000||10.9 m||6.8 t||500|
All Units are 2.028m high and 2.27m wide except the BL300 unit which is 2.86 m high.
- Housing Schemes
- Holiday Resorts
- Caravan Parks
- Mining/Oil/Gas Camps
- Construction camps
- Golf Clubs
- Mobile Applications
- Temporary or Emergency Use
- Visitor Centres
- Military Installations
- Existing Plant Upgrades
- Pubs & Restaurants
- To Percolation/Ground Soakage
- UV Disinfection
- Chlorine Tablet Disinfection
- Direct Discharge to Receiving Waters