The BMS Stormbrake Outlet Flow Control is a vortex flow control device that is placed at the outlet of water storage systems to limit or brake the outflow to a set rate. All BMS Stormbrakes are custom manufactured in acid resistant steel for flow rates from 0.5 l/s to 400 l/s.
The BMS Stormbrake is simple to install. The mounting plate is bolted to the manhole wall. The flow control is then securely mounted. The Stormbrake is fitted with an extendable handle, which ensures that it can be safely removed from ground level for maintenance and inspection purposes. It can easily be adapted to suit any size or shape of manhole.
All BMS Stormbrakes are custom manufactured in acid resistant steel (1.4404/316L). To order a Stormbrake the following information is required:
- Specified Outflow Rate e.g. 0.5 l/s – 400 l/s.
- Head of Water (depth from the Top Water Level (TWL) to the invert level of the outlet pipe) e.g. 4 m.
- Manhole Type e.g. Circular or Square.
- Depth of Manhole (distance from the top of the manhole to the Stormbrake).
BMS Stormbrakes are custom manufactured under ISO 9001:2015 and conform to EN 13562-1:2002 & EN 13562-2:2002 Anti-Flooding devices for buildings.
|SFC 325-90||0.8-8.3l/s||1200-1500-1800mm & rectangular manhole|
|SFC 425-150||3.8-21.4l/s||1200-1500-1800mm & rectangular manhole|
Stormbrake Flow Control (SFC)
A. 325-90 (left) B. 425-150 (right)
Stormbrake Flow Diagram
Application Chart & Diagram
All dimensions in mm
|MM VS MIN||230||300|
Stormbrake Installation Diagram
BMS have over 30 years’ experience in sewage, wastewater and surface water design
BMS can design your surface water management system and have invested in specialist software to provide cutting edge project design.
Design Services offered by the BMS
- BMS can design your full surface water management or SuDS system from first principles.
- BMS have invested in specialist software, which produces comprehensive design data. The design will include a full proposal, drawings and design calculations.
- BMS can offer advise on sizing/selecting the correct attenuation/infiltration system, petrol/oil interceptor (separator), vortex silt/oil/debris defender, outlet flow controls & storage tanks.
- BMS uniquely offer a ‘one stop shop’ from design to installation for our surface water management products.
- All products are ISO 9001:2015 Quality manufactured in Ireland and Europe.
- BMS offer free Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Seminars on Surface Water Management and Sewage Treatment at your premises.
- BMS can design a custom pump station solution for your requirements in GRP/FRP. This can include emergency storage and valve chambers. BMS Pump Stations are normally delivered ‘ready to go’.
- BMS can design a vehicle wash water recycling system for you with 100% Recycle and Zero Discharge.